The V96R engine is a 50 state, street legal replacement engine for 1984-1999 Harley- Davidson® big twins with Evolution® engines. Sharing many of the same components as the performance V96 engine, the California approved V96R comes equipped with S&S Super Stock® heads and forged pistons.
- Fits 1984-1998 carbureted, non catalytic converter bikes
Features & Benefits:
- Nearly stock height engine makes installation easy
- S&S Super E carburetor with Teardrop air cleaner
- S&S forged roller rocker arms
- Chrome gearcover, tappet covers, and rocker covers
- No certification problems - documentation and compliance stickers included
- CARB EO D-355-5
50-State V96R Engine Specs
Displacement Bore Stroke Camshaft Piston Type Compression Ratio
96" 3-5/8" 4-5/8" 520 S&S forged 10.1:1
- Gearing must be stock or have an N/V Ratio* lower than stock.
- A stock non-catalyst exhaust system must be used.
- The stock evaporative system must be retained and connected to the engine as shown in the manual.
- S&S® replacement engines are only for use as a replacement engine in 1984-’98 Harley-Davidson motorcycles originally equipped with a carbureted, non-catalyst, big twin Evolution® engine. They may not be used in any new or previously registered custom motorcycles.
- *Engine rpm divided by miles per hour in top gear.
- This replacement engine is only legal when used to replace a stock 80" Evolution® engine. CARB compliance stickers must be affixed to frame.